- High telecentricity for thick object imaging.
- Nearly zero distortion for accurate measurements.
- Excellent resolution for high resolution cameras.
- Simple and robust design for industrial environments.
- Easy filter insertion.
- Detailed test report with measured optical parameters.
TC series bi-telecentric lenses represent the key component of any measurement system powered by machine vision: these lenses can truly take advantage of high-resolution sensors such as 5 MP - 2/3″, acquiring images with exceptional fidelity and precision.
The Opto Engineering® bi-telecentric design makes these optics truly telecentric: no magnification change occurs when an object is moved closer to or away from the lens, making the TC series ideal for measurement applications of mechanical parts ranging from extruded aluminum profiles to tiny clock gears.
No other lenses can offer the same optical performances in terms of telecentrity and distortion: additionally, you can further enhance the depth of field and optical accuracy by pairing our TC lenses with LTCLHP telecentric illuminators. All of our TC lenses are rigorously tested and supplied with a detailed Test Report: we guarantee that 100% of our TC lenses meet or exceed our written specifications.
The Opto Engineering® TC series offers the best performance-to-price ratio available today and is the ideal choice when no compromise can be accepted in terms of reliability and ease of use. Additionally, we supply useful accessories including CMHO clamping mechanics and CMPT mounting plates: mechanical support systems for easy integration in industrial environments, where a solid and secure assembly is required.
Which telecentric lens is right for my application?
It depends on your detector resolution and the size of the sample to be inspected: our Imaging lens selector will guide you through all the possible sample/lens/detector combinations.
- Object field of view (mm x mm). For the fields with the indication "Ø =", the image of a circular object of such diameter is fully inscribed into the detector.
- Working distance: distance between the front end of the mechanics and the object. Set this distance within ±3% of the nominal value for maximum resolution and minimum distortion.
- Working f-number (wf/N): the real f-number of a lens in operating conditions.
- Maximum angle between chief rays and optical axis on the object side. Typical (average production) values and maximum (guaranteed) values are listed.
- Percent deviation of the real image compared to an ideal, undistorted image. Typical (average production) values and maximum (guaranteed) values are listed.
- At the borders of the field depth the image can be still used for measurement but, to get a very sharp image, only half of the nominal field depth should be considered. Pixel size used for calculation is 3.45 μm.
- Object side, calculated with the Rayleigh criterion with λ= 520 nm
- If not available, phase adjustment can be supplied upon request (except for TC23004, TC23007,TC23009, TC23012).
- Measured from the front end of the mechanics to the camera flange.