- Wide range of magnifications
MC3M3-03X is suitable for the inspection of many different object sizes.
- Nearly zero distortion
Less than 0.05% distortion, at any magnification, makes this lens a perfect choice for high-precision measurement applications.
- Perfect optical parameters mix
Changing the magnification also changes the working F-number of the lens in such a way that resolution and distortion are always optimized.
- Wide image circle for sensors up to 1.1”
The MC3M3-03X is a multi-configuration macro lens suitable for the inspection of objects whose size varies from a few millimeters to some centimeters. Magnification and focus can be tuned by adjusting a lockable rotating knob.
The magnification range of the lens can be selected by means of a set of extension tubes, included in the product package; this feature makes this component ideal for prototyping purposes and for machine vision applications requiring flexibility. Since the working F-number increases with magnification, the optimum combination of field depth, image resolution and brightness is maintained in any lens configuration.
Moreover, the optical distortion approaches zero at any magnification, making this lens perfectly suitable for measurement applications.
- Working distance: distance between the front end of the mechanics and the object. Set this distance within ±3% of the nominal value for maximum resolution and minimum distortion.
- Working f-number (wf/N): the real f-number of a lens in operating conditions.
- Percent deviation of the real image compared to an ideal, undistorted image.
- At the borders of the field depth the image can be still used for measurement but, to get a very sharp image, only half of the nominal field depth should be considered. Pixel size used for calculation is 3.45 μm.
- Object side, calculated with the Rayleigh criterion with λ= 520 nm
- Measured from the front end of the mechanics to the camera flange.