- Exceptional low distortion
Perform measurement tasks with a high degree of accuracy and reliability.
- Optimized for high-resolution line scan cameras
MC12K feature a large image circle ensuring wide compatibility with line scan sensors (up to 62.4 mm) .
- Color correction
MC12K can distinguish the finest tonal gradations and are the ideal solution for demanding applications where color consistency is required.
- Industrial design for factory automation
MC12K feature precise manual focusing mechanism to achieve the best possible image sharpness.
MC12K series is a range of macro lenses specifically optimized to work with high-resolution line scan cameras with a sensor size up to 62 mm. Infinite conjugate lenses, like photographic optics, will offer poor performance when used to observe objects from up close: the lenses from the MC12K series are macro by design, enabling unmatched and uniform optical performance at short working distances. MC12K series lenses are the ideal choice for industrial applications where maximum image resolution is required: solar cells and printed sheets inspection, web inspection or high-speed product sorting are just a few examples.
In addition to the standard M72x0.75 mount, MC12K lenses can be easily equipped with any camera mount at no additional cost ensuring wide compatibility with most common line scan cameras.
Need help in selecting the appropriate lens mount type for your camera? Our sales engineers are ready to assist you. Contact us.
- Working distance: distance between the front end of the mechanics and the object. Set this distance within ±3% of the nominal value for maximum resolution and minimum distortion.
- Working f-number (wf/N): the real f-number of a lens in operating conditions.
- Percent deviation of the real image compared to an ideal, undistorted image. Typical (average production) values and maximum (guaranteed) values are listed.
- At the borders of the field depth the image can be still used for measurement but, to get a very sharp image, only half of the nominal field depth should be considered. Pixel size used for calculation is 7 μm.
- Object side, calculated with the Rayleigh criterion with λ= 520 nm
- FD stands for Flange Distance (in mm), defined as the distance from the mounting flange to the camera detector plane.
- Indicates the availability of an integrated camera phase adjustment feature.
- Measured from the front end of the mechanics to the camera flange.
-R for M72x0.75 mount (flange distance FD 6.56 mm)
-F for F-mount
-I for M58x0.75 mount (flange distance FD 11.48 mm)
For example, MC12K100X-I indicates a MC12K100X with M58x0.75 mount.
Wide image circle
MC12K is optimized to cover most of the line scan sensor sizes up to 62.4 mm.
MC12K chromatic correction makes it well suited to applications requiring high color fidelity: for example in the print / publishing industry, where machine vision systems are installed to continuously check the press output for color discrepancies and misregistrations.
On the left, an image acquired with a standard lens, showing chromatic aberration. On the right, the same image acquired with MC12K lens, color corrected in the Visible range.
Ultra low distortion
Designed for extremely fast and accurate operation, MC12K minimal optical distortion makes this lens valuable for measurement tasks, especially on large and flat objects.
The same keyboard sample, acquired with a conventional lens (left) and a low-distortion MC12K (right), highlighting the absence of pincushion-shaped distortion.